Contact

Physical Address
Office Hours
Mon - Fri 8am - 4:30pm

Services

Author Topic: What's wrong with my air conditioner? Vancouver WA.  (Read 7497 times)

Dan

• Administrator
What's wrong with my air conditioner? Vancouver WA.
« on: May 25, 2012, 07:42:55 PM »
Whats wrong with my air conditioner? Vancouver WA. Call us we can help.

CALL TODAY. (360) 835-9364

Question: Why does my air conditioner in Vancouver WA trip my breaker?
Answer: You could have a bad compressor, or the breaker wire is not tight enough and it is heating up the breaker and making it trip. There are other reasons a breaker can trip yet these two options are often the case.

Question: Why does my air conditioner not work as well as it use to in Vancouver WA? The air is just not as cold.
Answer: Your coil is most likely gotten dirty and possibly not allowing the heat to transfer as well as it use to. It most likely needs cleaned. Or it could be low on refrigerant. If your indoor coil gets dirty it will act as an insolator shielding the heat from the coil. For example: If you were to shake hands with someone and feel that their hand is warmer than yours, what is happening is a simple transfer of heat from warm to cold.  You could see that if you tried this with gloves on you would not transfer any heat. Your indoor coil shakes hands with the air, if it gets dirty it insolates the coil from the air. like whearing thin gloves. With this coating your coil cannot transfer the heat as well as it did when it was nice and clean. Give us a call! We can come and clean your coil and make it work like it should.

Question: Why do I keep blowing the 3 amp fuse on my furnace when I use my air conditioner in Vancouver WA?
Answer: This fuse is a low voltage fuse, if it blows when you turn on ac you have a problem in the control wiring to the air conditioner. Perhaps wired wrong, or a wire is pinched in a door somewhere, or two wires touching, or perhaps a bad thermostat. In any event this fuse is low voltage and if it blows it is in the control wiring.

Question: Why is my air conditioner so loud Vancouver WA?
Answer: All manufactures try to make their units quiet. If yours in loud it is most likely old and would take a few tricks to quiet it down, rubber pads under it helps. You could install a compressor blanket, tighten all screws yet you would be better off replacing it with a new one and saving your money. The new systems are much quieter.

Good Luck, if you need us just give us a call. We are your hometown heating and cooling company. Our happy customers are the one thing that keeps us in business. Give us a call if you need our help. 

(360) 835-9364
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:52:22 AM by Dan »