Contact

Physical Address
Office Hours
Mon - Fri 8am - 4:30pm

Services

Author Topic: Can I fix my own furnace? Vancouver WA  (Read 12151 times)

Dan

• Administrator
Can I fix my own furnace? Vancouver WA
« on: February 06, 2013, 06:28:12 AM »
Yes, you can fix your own furnace if you know how. Yet the biggest problem with fixing your own furnace is the fact that you may be able to make it run, but is it running safely? That is the question you most likely cannot answer without the proper training and equipment. At Dan's Top Notch we will not only fix the problem, we will professionally inspect your heating and cooling system in Vancouver WA. and/or Portland Oregon. We will check amp draws, safety shut off responses, all electrical connections, and gas pressure. We inspect the burners, and the gas flow. We check the heat rise of the furnace to make sure it is not cooking it's self due to duct problems or blockage. Yes, you can fix the furnace yourself. Although, most likely after you do, you still will not know if your furnace is safe. You will only know that it heats the house. We also check for carbon monoxide leaks. (Would you?) My guess is no. You would not have the proper equipment or knowledge of how to check. If we suspect a breach in the heat exchanger we also have a camera to look inside the furnace and make sure you and your family are safe. The answer is yes. You may be able to fix your own furnace. Although, we are fully trained, we have the safety and efficiency of your equipment in mind.

CALL TODAY (360) 835-9364 Licensed, bonded, and insured. Oregon and Washington.
Note: The heat exchange in the picture below was out of a 10 year old furnace. Would you find this if you made your furnace run? My guess is most likely no. Unless you knew what you were looking for you would just make it run and keep sending flue gasses into the home. This can be deadly. This will make you and your family sick at the very least. You don't want this furnace to run. Furnace Safety inspection this month $69.95 per system. $69.95 with no hidden fee. (Yes, if we find any major problems we will quote to repair it and the choice is always yours.) You will know you are safe.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:10:42 PM by Dan »